REACH is run by volunteers. It’s our community–and it’s up to us to make it the best we can. Together! There’s always room for more help.
We understand that you have unique abilities and different interests. You bring different age children and manage different personalities of them all. So, let’s find a place that works for your life and schedule. Whatever you can offer–we can work with it!
Here’s some ways that you can help:
- Welcome Team: Do you have an soft spot for new people? Would you be willing to host a meet and greet? Schedule an information workshop or orientation meeting? Would you be willing to attend groupwide events and mingle/greet participants?
- Groupwide parties and events: Do you love the holidays? Graduation? Homeschool Expo? Winter Dance? Field day? Picture day? Science Fair? These groupwide events are truly special–and require additional help to make them happen.
- Communications Team: Do you have computer skills and like to work with technology? Would you be willing to write a weekly email newsletter? Or update content on our website and input events on the calendar? Do you love social media and finding cool resources that others would like to know about too? Bonus if you already know mailchimp, wordpress or Facebook pages (but a willingness to learn is good, too.)
- Green Steps Team: Do you have an interest in Environmental Education and nature studies? Do you just enjoy being outdoors?
- Teen Activities: Do you have teens who want to socialize? We are looking to schedule consistent activities so teens and teen-parents can build meaningful connections. Learning to make friends is a lifelong skill. Teens can also get involved in planning events and greeting new participants.
- Field Trips: The world is our classroom. If you are willing to call and make arrangements with the venue, REACH can put together a registration form and publicity to our members. Of if you are willing to greet at the field trip. Buddy up with someone…it’s even better!
- Community Service: Do you want to have volunteer opportunities for your kids and teens? Let’s talk about the possiblities–and get involved with community service projects.
Tell us what areas you might be interested in contributing to REACH community. Please limit yourself–no more than 3 areas. If you just have one area–then just check the one thing. Some of them do overlap a bit, but we don’t want anyone to get overcommitted.
We’ve had some people that host one field trip–the same one every year–and that’s it. But, that helps. So, if that’s you, that’s ok too! Know your own limits. Others are super willing…to do anything. So, tell us what your best skills and current interests are. This is just a starting point for the conversation. Someone will be in touch soon!