REACH is a support group that offers Resources, Encouragement, and Activities for Columbia Homeschoolers regardless of religious preference, political affiliation, ethnic background, family structure, or educational philosophy. We have approximately 450 families across Greater Columbia and the Midlands.
- Online discussion forums for resources and encouragement
- Calendar of group events and activities with online registrations
- Groupwide events: socialization and educational opportunities
- Field Day
- Holiday parties
- Notables at Noon, book reports/presentations, show ‘n tell
- Earth Day, Pi Day, and School Choice celebrations
- End of the Year Program: A Celebration of Learning and Graduation.
- Local playgroups meeting at parks over the summer
- Parent’s Meet-ups (formerly called Mom’s Night Out)
- REACH members-only field trips and clubs
- REACH co-op and clubs held Tuesdays in Newberry, Wednesdays in Northeast Columbia and Thursdays in West Columbia. Classes and times vary by location. Please see Reach Co-ops for more information.
- Boxtops for Education participant–proceeds go to REACH group.
- High School Student Leadership Council, volunteer opportunities and Teen’s Noon Out
- National Honor Society (exclusively for REACH members)
- Green Steps Schools Participation
- Homeschool Expo & annual used curriculum sale (discount registration for REACH members)
- Only $16/year for the parent, no matter how many kids you have, no matter when you join.
- Annual membership expires June 30th each year
- Handbook of group policies and procedures CLICK HERE
REACH is not a drop-off program. The goal is to support each other as homeschool parents. We expect parents to participate at meet-up events and activities.
REACH is run by a team of volunteers who represent a cross-section of the REACH membership. We believe in REACH and promote what is best for the group. Even though we don’t take group-wide votes, we seek feedback from all members so that the most perspectives can be considered. Please contact one of us for help in any of these areas.
The executive officers are: Kim Andrysczyk, Angela Williams and Emily Soura.
Lots more volunteers help plan activites and help promote REACH:
- REACH Membership Coordinator
- Social Media managers
- West Columbia Co-op Coordinators
- Northeast Columbia Co-op Coordinators
- Irmo Co-op Co-ordinators
- Green Steps Co-ordinators
- Calendar/Text alerts/Newsletter
- Field trips advisor
- Groupwide events committee
- Expo planning team
Need help or want to volunteer? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join REACH Support Group for
Just $16 per Year!
Membership expires June 30th, 2019
NOTE: Membership to REACH Support Group does NOT cover legal accountability.
Click here for information about accountability requirements