REACH is a support group that offers Resources, Encouragement, and Activities for Columbia Homeschoolers regardless of educational philosophy, religious affiliation, ethnic background or political preference. We have approximately 350 families across Greater Columbia and the Midlands.
- Online discussion forums for resources and encouragement
- Calendar of group events and activities with online registrations
- Groupwide events: socialization and educational opportunities
- Field Day
- Holiday parties
- Art Show
- Notables at Noon, book reports/presentations, show ‘n tell
- Earth Day, Pi Day, and School Choice celebrations
- End of the Year Program: A Celebration of Learning and Graduation.
- Local playgroups meeting weekly at parks over the summer
- Parent’s Meet-ups (formerly called Mom’s Night Out)
- REACH members-only field trips and clubs
- REACH co-op and clubs held Tuesdays in Newberry, Wednesdays in Blythewood and Thursdays in West Columbia. Classes and times vary by location. Please see Reach Co-ops for more information.
- Boxtops for Education participant–proceeds go to REACH group.
- High School Student Council, volunteer opportunities and Teen’s Night Out
- Jr. High field trips and activities
- National Honor Society (exclusively for REACH members)
- Green Steps Schools Participation
- Homeschool Expo & annual used curriculum sale (discount registration for REACH members)
- Only $15/year for the parent, no matter how many kids you have, no matter when you join.
- Annual membership expires June 30th each year
- Handbook of group policies and procedures CLICK HERE
REACH is run by a team of volunteers who represent a cross-section of the REACH membership. We believe in REACH and promote what is best for the group. Even though we don’t take group-wide votes, we seek feedback from all members so that the most perspectives can be considered. Please contact one of us for help in any of these areas.
Amanda Johnson: REACH Membership Coordinator
Rebecca Hansen: New Members advisor
Jennifer Brodowska: West Columbia Co-op Coordinator
Wendy Weast: Treasurer
Melanie Lewismoss and Dawn DelRossi: Newberry Co-op Coordinators
Angela Hardy: Secretary
Christina McGovern: Student Council/Weekly Newsletter
Angela Williams: Northeast Columbia Co-op Coordinator and Camden Co-op advisor
Sonja Sharpe: Calendar/Text alerts
Kim Andrysczyk: RTT Director
Need help reaching an admin member? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Admin Team meets once a month. Please let us know of any ideas or suggestions you have to help improve communication and function of REACH support group.
Join REACH Support Group for
Just $16 per Year!
Membership expires June 30th, 2018
NOTE: Membership to REACH Support Group does NOT cover legal accountability.
Click here for information on RTT (Reach The Top)