In a previous post we talked about What is a Green Steps School? The components for every Green Step project include: the students will LEARN something, DO something, and TEACH someone else.
This is the REACH’s 3rd year as Green Steps School. We’re the only homeschool group that is a Green Steps School. Now, we’re a Certified Green Steps School–meaning we have sustained our projects for more than 12 months.
The goal is to continue the same projects from the previous years, and add on a few more projects. We aim to learn more and do more each year! This year, we have added 4 new projects.
Our Green Steps Projects 2018-2019
- Plants in the Classroom: Protect Air Quality
- Garden Club: Restore Habitat
- Pollinator Nests: Restore Habitat
- Vermicomposting/Composting: Restore Soil
- Plarn Project: Conserve and Reuse
- Crayon Recycle Project: Conserve and Reuse
- Shoe Collection: Conserve and Reuse
- Homemade Disinfectant Cleanser: Protect Water
- Seed-Paper Valentines: Conserve and Recycle
- Litter Pick-Up: Protect Litter Prevention
- Solar Ovens: Conserve Energy
Want to get involved? Start collecting these donation items for REACH
If you’re a REACH member and you’re interested in getting involved–in sustaining these projects or starting new ones–contact REACH admin team. We want YOU on our Green Team! We want all our homeschoolers to be conscientious about the environment.
After all, The WORLD IS OUR CLASSROOM!
Read more about our Green Steps Projects 2017-2018:
Read more about What a Green Steps School is: