In a previous post we talked about What is a Green Steps School? We explained the components to each Green Step project: the students will LEARN something, DO something, and TEACH someone else.
REACH became a Green Steps School in 2016-2017 and we completed four projects. Our homeschoolers have continued those projects and added a few more. We are learning a lot about taking care of the environment so we can help make the world a better place.
Our Green Steps Projects: 2017-2018
- Plants in the Classroom: Protect Air Quality
- Litter Pick-Up: Protect Litter Prevention
- Plarn Project: Conserve and Reuse
- Homemade Disinfectant Cleanser: Protect Water
- Vermicomposting: Restore Soil
- Shoe Collection: Conserve and Recycle
- Insect Homes: Restore Habitat
REACH members who would like to get involved in sustaining these projects…and starting new ones…contact Kim. We’re looking for volunteers to help co-ordinate some of the projects. So our homeschoolers will be more conscientious about the environment.
After all, the WORLD IS OUR CLASSROOM!
Take a look at our Green Steps Projects: 2016-2017