You’ve asked for it…and here they are! Practical, interactive workshops that you don’t want to miss! Workshops can be geared toward parents/teachers and are inclusive–regardless of educational philosophy, political affiliation, ethnic background or religious preference. This will not be a drop-off activity, so children should always be accompanied by an adult chaperone when they attend a workshop.
Workshop Area 1: A Closer Look Demonstrations
These Demonstrations are a chance to get a closer look at the program. Some will be interactive hands-on presentations to see what your students can learn with these programs. Come on over to the Stage area to meet these program participants. Note: This is a tentative schedule and is subject change.
- 10:30-11 am: ATA Martial Arts in Columbia, SC. Our school offers a balance between traditional martial arts and reality-based self-defense. We utilize programs designed to develop the decision-making and leadership skills that are required for today’s world
- 11:15-11:45 am: Michelle Hull Music LLC Private Violin and Viola Lessons with FREE Orchestra Group Classes.
- 12:00-12:30 pm: Midlands Archery Center offers various archery opportunities for students and adults. Archery is a sport the whole family can enjoy!
- 12:45-1:15 pm: Project Wet reachs the world with water education that promotes awareness of water and empowers community action to solve complex water issues. And it’s FUN!
- 1:30-2 pm: Suzuki Strings at USC Program instructs children as young as three years old on the violin, viola, cello, and classical guitar.
- 2:15-2:45 pm: Sea Cadetsexposes its cadets to the full rigors of a military training program, also focuses on developing an appreciation for our country’s rich naval history, customs and traditions.
- 3:00-3:30 pm: Musication Adventure offers a year, 2 semesters, of online music instruction complete with lesson plans, videos, assessments, and activities.
Workshop Area 2: Practical Informational Workshops
These workshops are going on in a private area so you can focus and learn more. Practical, Hands-on and/or Interactive information. Meet some of the vendors in a group setting with other attendees Note: This is a tentative schedule and is subject change.
- 10:15-11:15: Red Cross Hands-On CPR and Fire Prevention Awareness. Find out more about the great resources and opportunities available with Red Cross. It’s got more than you think!
- 11:45-12:45: Q/A Homeschool Special Needs Panel: We’ve gathered a variety of experienced homeschoolers to give practical advice, encouragement and inspiration for this frequently asked topic.
- 1:15-2:15: Practical homeschool adventures with SC State Museum The SC State Museum loves homeschoolers! They offer free admission any day and also host special activities once a month on Homeschool Day. Come find out more about the adventures and exploration awaiting with this hands-on, interactive workshop with Timia Thompson.
- 2:45-3:45: Q/A Homeschooling 101 Panel: We’ve gathered a variety of experienced homeschoolers to give practical advice, encouragement and inspiration for this frequently asked topic.
NEW! Help Desk and self-guided tours
We want you to get the most out of this event–and make meaningful connections to enhance your homeschool journey! In an effort to help attendees find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about homeschooling and this event, we’re providing a Help Desk with self-guided scavenger hunt so you can go at your own pace to find the vendors who can help you with these topics.
- Expo Orientation: First timers at the Expo feeling a bit overwhelmed by this experience. We can help you map out your opportunities.
- Getting Started Homeschoolers: We’ve got a list of questions and a list of the vendors who can help you get your answers for getting started.
- Special Needs Homeschooling: This list will help you find the vendors who can answer your questions about individualizing your child’s education.
- Homeschool High School and Beyond: Find the resources and programs to help you with your high schooler…and consider the doors of opportunity beyond high school.
These workshops are all provided with FREE admission. Please show your appreciation for all these presenters–with your participation. Attendees who sit thru a whole workshop or demonstration will get additional entry ticket for doorprize giveaways!
Map out your own self-guided tour for the vendors you want to be sure to see: