About this event:
The Challenger Learning Center of Richland County School District One is an aerospace-themed educational program designed to provide interactive learning experiences, integrating science and math curricula with information and technology. Through various simulations, scenarios, and activities we offer, students develop skills in decision making, teamwork, problem solving, and communication.
By engaging students in dynamic, hands-on exploration and discovery opportunities that strengthen knowledge in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, the Challenger Learning Center inspires students to pursue careers in these fields.
2600A Barhamville Road
Columbia, SC 29204
May 28, 2019
11:15 a.m. – 1 p.m
Contact Angela Williams at 803-261-1742 with questions.
Ozobots for age 4-8 $7
In our Ozobot Robotics Program, students have the opportunity to
- learn what a robot is;
- understand why and where robots are used;
- understand connections between robotics and space science;
- develop simple programming skills; and
- program an Ozobot robot.
The Ozobot Robotics Program is designed specifically for students in grades K-3rd. We have a set of 12 Ozobots and can accommodate up to 24 students at a time.
EV3 Robotics for age 9 and older $7
In our EV3 Robotics Program, students have the opportunity to
- gain practical hands-on experience using mathematical concepts such as estimating and measuring distance, time, and speed;
- communicate effectively using scientific and technical language;
- understand and interpret two-dimensional drawings to create three-dimensional models;
- build, test, troubleshoot, and revise designs to improve robot performance; and,
- design and build programmable robots using motors, sensors, gears, wheels, axles, and other technical components.
Currently, we have nine LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 kits (with expansion sets) so you can choose from many options when designing your robotics program with Challenger.
Adults and students both pay the admission price, prepay only.