We believe that exemplary student effort and achievement should be encouraged and rewarded, and we seek to cultivate the ideals of service and leadership in our citizens of tomorrow. We welcome you to our informational session, and hope that you and your child or children will join us on this rewarding journey!
If you have any questions going forward, you may contact the REACH Beta Club sponsor, Emily Soura at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (803) 269-0327.
MISSION. The Beta Club mission is “To promote the ideals of academic achievement, character, service and leadership among elementary and secondary school students.” This is pursued through the four pillars
- ACHIEVEMENT – Recognizing and honoring high academic achievement
- CHARACTER – Preparing young people for life and empowering them to be successful
- LEADERSHIP – Developing the leaders of tomorrow
- SERVICE – Demonstrating our motto: “Let Us Lead by Serving Others”
QUALIFICATIONS. Per the National Beta Club Constitution, the qualifications for membership will be based on:
- Worthy, moral and ethical character;
- Exemplary achievement, and commendable attitude;
- Performing at or above the grade level at which they are working. (More information regarding this is listed on the Beta Club application).
Meetings & Planning: The Beta Club Constitution requires that meetings be held at least once a month.
- REACH Homeschool Group will hold regular meetings that will follow the “B” Week schedule as set forth by the Beta Club Sponsor in cooperation with the Irmo Co-op Director(s). Meetings will be held during the regular school year spanning September through May.
Fall Schedule: 10-11am, September 12, 26; October 10, 31; November 14; December 5, plus 2 hours of community service.
- Service Projects: Projects will often take place both at the regular meetings and off-site; while students are not expected to be able to participate in all projects, it is encouraged that they make an effort to be at the majority of these projects. The supervising adult should sign-off on the service sheet for all service projects attended.